Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer can't opt-in notifications - missing menu item

László Kocsis March 31, 2021

In this article  it is stated that if customers opt out of notifications, they can opt in again by choosing Requests > Customer notifications menu. The problem is that in our service desk project the customers can't see this menu item (double-checked with a test customer). Is there a settings for this anywhere? I'm a project admin but can't find such a settings in the project settings.

Edit: I just realised the article above is about Data Center and Server. So my question is that if there is a similar option for Service Desk in the Cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello @László Kocsis,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In Jira Service Management Cloud, customers can opt-in and out from notifications based on each ticket. There are no options for them to disable all notifications.  

With this said, if a customer disabled the notification of specific tickets, they need to go to the portal and on Requests > All, search for the tickets, open them and click on “Notifications off/on”.

Screen Recording 2021-04-01 at 11.53.42 AM.gif

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

László Kocsis April 5, 2021

Angélica,

My question was not about settings for individual issues.

Is there a similar settings for the cloud service desk to the settings mentioned in the above linked article? See my Edit in the original post (it was earlier than your answer).

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hi @László Kocsis,

In Service Management Cloud there is no option similar to  Requests > Customer notifications in the customer portal. 

In case customers need to opt-in and out from notifications, they need to follow the steps I mentioned in my previous answer. 

If a customer opted out from a notification, only they can enable it again directly in the ticket. 

Deleted user May 24, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz , thanks for your explanation. I am seeking for the same feature and was wondering if we could request a feature to allow customers to manage their portal notifications in bulk, for all tickets raised in their organization?

Our company will have a lot of different customers and organizations and it is impossible to find a notification scheme that works for all. Some customers want to be notified about every ticket that is being created in their organizations, others don't want to, and then there's customers who'd prefer something in the middle.

There needs to be a way for customers to decide individually what kind of notifications they want to receive - in a proactive way, BEFORE tickets are being created. Going into every single ticket to switch off notifications is not feasible with a high number of tickets.

I tried searching through feature requests for Jira Cloud but couldn't find anything matching. Happy to raise a feature request myself or maybe you could point out the Jira key to the request if already raised?

Thanks

Sophia

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2021

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

In the customer portal, customers have few options on their profile and admins also can’t manage notifications for specific customers or organizations. 

There are two feature requests related to what you need:

Please, click on vote and also watch to receive future updates.

I added an internal comment with the link to this question, but feel free to add a comment with more information or you can also raise a new feature request.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events