Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer can't open attachement

Arthur Guyard May 28, 2021

Hello,

We are using Jira ITSM for a few month now.

The issue is that our customer can't open any attachement when we send them by Email. It seems that the only solution if for them to have an account in the portal. Which is not user-friendly at all.

I have researched and the only solution is to use an addons but it cost us 50$ each month just for attachements.... 

Does someone have a better solution please ?

Thank you !

Arthur

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi @Arthur Guyard

improvements on this matter seem to be on its way, according to: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-3371
(Allow Attachments to be included as an actual Email Attachment).

This looks to be exactly what you are looking for. I would encourage you to bookmark the URL pasted above and to vote & watch for the suggestion over there.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hey Arthur,

Our app, Notification Assistant for Jira supports attaching files directly to emails and should cost you $10 a month.

Arthur Guyard May 31, 2021

Hello,

We are currently using it but it cost us 50$ a month.

We are using your addons for jira ITSM a project with 3 agents. But as we are also using Jira software it count every user.

Do you have any workarounds ?

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

Hi Arthur,

Ah gotcha. Well yeah that is how Atlassian licensing works. You're flagged as being on a free account in the Community which is why I expected you would be charged $10. 

The best thing I can suggest is to consider using our app in other ways so you get more value out of it.

Thanks,
Boris

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

No, there are no practical workarounds for this.  You could use scriptrunner to send the attachment in the mail but that is also not free.

Arthur Guyard May 28, 2021

Hi, Thank you 

Maybe it is cheaper, do you have any document about scriptrunner ?

Thx

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events