Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer access settings change

Balazs Biro March 13, 2024

Hello everyone, we (IT team) created a project for ourselves and the project creator can access only crucial settings which is not clear what roles are those? We created an central account for that and we would like to add / change to that instead of one user but I'm not sure how to change this option. Can you help us out? Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

Welcome to the community @Balazs Biro 

Not sure if I understood, correct me if I am wrong, the person who has created the project can access the things like project settings?

There are two possible things that are happening:

1. You should be changing the project lead to someone else
  2. If the user is in Administrator role they can do much more things than the regular user - for this user you should be using either the Member or Viewer role - this depends on your requirements

hello, thanks for helping me out!

the person who created can access everything needed but the idea would be we create one account which we can use (administrators) . At the moment I have administrator role but still I cannot reach these admin settings since the system saying I do not have access

And thank you, good to be here :)

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

I see, which settings you need to access?

Managing the users - you would need an organisation admin rights for this

Having Jira settings - you would need a site admin 

to be honest need all, basically need all the rights which my collegaue has who created the whole project and register for us

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2024

Yeah, for this you would need to ask your colleague to give you all of the permission that he has.

exactly but not sure where :) I mean which role needed and on which menu this one need to be done?

Balazs Biro March 20, 2024

Hello Nikola, we managed to add me more rights but still there are sections where I get the no access/permission message. Can you maybe tell me how can we set the biggest right to my account too to have access all the settings? Thank you

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

This would be to make you an organization admin. This admin type is the highest admin in Atlassian. Here is the procedure: 

Currently, only an Org admin can add another one. The Org admin must follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your organization at admin.atlassian.com.

2. Choose Settings > Administrators.

3. Click Add administrators.

4. Enter an Atlassian account email address and click Grant access.

Give users admin permissions 

Also, just to give you a little bit of context, next-gen is a type of project and the organization is part of the site administration, so this setting is something that we won't find on project settings, but on Administration or directly on admin.atlassian.com.

hello Nikola

thanks again

yes that I have but as I see I do not have Organization admi rights which can be only one person, one account, but like this I cannot reach a lot of settings

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

Can you  tell which settings do you need to have?

for example, Customer access, and want to change the Approved domains part and it is saying I have no persmision

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

Understood, for this you would need to be an organisation admin in order to change the approved domains.

For customer access, you would need a site admin access.

yes but looks like cannot be another org admin just one, is this right?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

Actually no, you can add more org admins than just one

well THAT is what we cannot find it :( can you help me out where that can be added?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

I understand, do you have the access or someone else with higher admin rights to admin.atlassian.com?

yes my boss has the access :)

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

Okay, for you becoming the site admin and so you need to be added to the site-admins groups that your.

For approving the domains, they need to add you to the comment mentioned above that includes the steps.

and where is the section where the site admin group members can be changed?

never mind, finally I FOUND it :) thank you again

now if I may can I bother you with a different topic?

Like Perisic Nikola likes this
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

User Management -> Groups -> site-admins -> Three dots -> Modify the group members

Bear in mind that this needs to be done by your boss who has the access.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

I am here to help, so there is no bothering :), sure.

I would like restrict only our organization domain users to get access to our ticketing system. What is the best approach here? Invite them one by one or can I create a link which can be reached only with a specific domain email address after they registered in Jira? Can I restrict them without asking them to create any account in Jira and still they can use the ticketing system?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2024

You can do this:

1. Go to admin.atlassian.com

2. Select your organization

3.Click on Products

4.Select your site

5.On the left side you should be able to see Site access

6.Click on "Approve the following domains" and enter the your domain

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN