Customer Provisioning - SCIM

Shannon January 13, 2020

We are going to be using Atlassian Access and SCIM to provision our users. We've had a successful proof of concept regarding provisioning of Agents into groups such as "ITS Agents" and "Site Admins". 

However, I would like to be able to auto provision customers as well to ensure their organization and other details stay in sync with Active Directory at all times. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@Shannon ,

Yes, it's possible. It's similar to provisioning of Agents, but without JSD or any product access.

You may put all the customers in one group (let's call it JSD Customers) and and sync the group to your Org which will be eventually synced to your Cloud site. Do not assign any product access to JSD Customers group in your Cloud site.

So, the users in this group will have site access without any license and they'll be treated as JSD customers.

Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

@Veera can you confirm if this answer implies having the Service project configured with "Anyone on the web" Customer Permission?

Also if the project has to be scoped only to customers coming via SCIM (as opposed to really anyone on the web), does one need to set JSM global configuration option "Can customers create their own accounts?" to "No, only my team can create accounts". Since this setting seems to be site-wide, does this mean no other Service project in the same site will be able to accept self-registration via email?

What happens if the user for some reason hasn't been provisioned yet but emails a request in?

If the setup is done from day one, will there ever be a requirement to migrate users to Atlassian account in Admin/User Management/Jira Service Management/Portal Customers?

Will access to a linked Confluence KB as unlicensed users still work for such users not explicitly listed as customers?

Lise COLLOMB
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2023

Hello @Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_ , have an answer been provided for these questions ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events