Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal Requests View - Statuses

Alan Manning May 4, 2021

On the Requests page on the Customer Portal when you select the dropdown 'open requests' it shows all service help desk statuses to the customer as an option to search by.

Is there a way to stop the customers being able to see the statuses on this list?

I have previously changed the status names so customers see 'in progress' rather than what we see internally but on the drop down list it still shows our internal statuses.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
wvorigin April 15, 2022

I'm interested in the answer on this question too.
Is it possible to only show Open / closed request instead of every single status?

0 votes
Sue Lund
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

I don't have an answer, but I am seeing the same issue.  The dropdown even shows project names in it.

We only have one transition that is set to show in the portal and that is a re-open transition.

A few weeks ago, we saw this, but shortly after, the list cleaned up, again.  Starting last week, all of the statuses popped back in.

Status in portal requests view.jpg

0 votes
Alan Manning May 5, 2021

Deleted

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@Alan Manning -

Hi Alan:

I believe you need to review your WF and ensure the status(es) transitions that you don't want customer to see in the portal that the option for "Show transition in the customer portal" is not checked.  Once you updated the checkbox option to "Not Checked", then publish the WF.

2021-05-04_17-34-49.png

After the WF is published, then you should not see those statuses anymore from the portal.

Hope this helps

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@Alan Manning - 

Can you include a screenshot of what list are you asking to hide?  Just to make sure  I address the correct ask.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

@Alan Manning -

If you are referring to the following screen, then I don't believe you can hide the WF statuses from the display.

2021-05-04_18-01-07.png

Best, Joseph

Alan Manning May 5, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your help. I have included a screenshot below of the list the statuses show in. I will look to uncheck those boxes and come back to you.

helpdesk support.png

Alan Manning May 5, 2021

Hi Joseph,

I tried unchecking "Show transition in the customer portal" however the statuses still show. I do have the transitions to 'Resolved' selected as "Show transition in the customer portal" as I would like customers to be able to resolve their own requests. Could that be causing it do you think?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

@Alan Manning -

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  After further testing, I don't believe it is the "Show transition in customer portal" issue as I previously thought.  In our env (DC On-prems), I can only see "Open requests" and "Closed requests" in the dropdown.

At this time, I believe the best option for you is to submit a formal Atlassian Support Request for assistance.  I will be interested in knowing what Atlassian has to say on this.  I suspect a possible system cache issues ore something was changed in the CLOUD env configurations by Atlassian.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events