Customer Organization

Sergio Melo December 1, 2022

Hello guys!

I have to fix a mess with my customer organizations, and I want to create some new ones and delete the other obsolete ones. 

What happens with the older issues with deleted organization, and what is the impact? I want to review this before starting this activity.

Thanks a lot!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hi @Sergio Melo , issues which are shared with the organization will no longer be shared when the organization is deleted, the issues themselves won't be deleted.

They will be shared with the new organization if you add the new one to the existing issue (manually or via bulk operation).

0 votes
Abraham - New Verve Consulting April 4, 2023

Hi @Sergio Melo !

To extend Jira Organization features, you can consider using Crumbs for Jira (you can install it and try it for free from the Atlassian Marketplace). With Crumbs for Jira, you will be able to keep global organizations (that is organizations accessible for all projects in your Jira instance) up to date! Additionally, you will be able to populate customised fields with extra organization data such as phone number, main contact, etc. You ca also track tickets linked to specific organizations and much more.

0 votes
Sergio Melo December 1, 2022

Thank you very much for your fast response @Dave Mathijs 

This was precisely my fear, there are a large number of issues to be updated.

In this way, how can I set as a default option that every new issue created is automatically shared with the reporter organization?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events