Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Notification - Subject of Email

Corina Mackaway June 21, 2021

Is there a way to put in the Request Type into the Subject of the customer notification email?

I only get the option of 3 things, being Issue Summary, Issue Key and Portal Name. 

I would like to display the Request type in the email subject.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

No, this isn't possible. See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4782

There are many ways people have worked around this, but it's not really that useful to have the request type in the subject. It's best to use Summary as the first question on the form. Here's why:

1. People take things more seriously if they have what they wrote put back to them, ie. customers are more likely to take note of emails if they see what they wrote given back as the subject. It's much easier to ignore a generic subject title, especially with how many emails we get these days
  2. Making users type the summary triggers the knowledge base lookup. They can either get their answer then, and not raise the request, or be informed on the process going ahead
  3. The Summary is one of the few fields that can be changed by agents and be visible to customers. Consider using it to educate the customer on how they could rephrase the request to get help quicker next time. (Yes, this is rather passive aggressive)

So I suggest working with it as it is, and try not to work around this with automations or plugins. Hope this helps!

I'm sorry this doesn't answer my question.  My question is regarding the email notification subject line.

Not the summary line on the form

Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

I'm sorry but the answer is in the first sentence. You cannot put the request type in the email subject notification line. Further detail is in that linked jira.atlassian.com suggestion.

I hoped to go on further to explain why having the issue summary in the email notification subject line isn't a bad thing, but that's okay.

All good, thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events