Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Login to "Public" Servicedesks

Michael Schmitz November 8, 2019

Hey, 

i am a bit unsure what the change of the customer permission will cause in the future.

My actual situation is:

Jira Cloud instance with several Servicedesks. Customer permission for creating own accounts is restricted. So invite only. Most of the Servicedesks have Emailrequest disabled anyways.

No i need to "open" a Servicedesk to "Public". I know that i need to change the permission to "Yes, customer can create their own accounts" and "Can send Requests without logging in". Sadly this affects of course every Servicedesk.

Now my thinking is if for all the other Servicedesks the emailrequest is disabled, it should'nt be a big problem. Cause the "random" customer needs to go on my Portal landing page and click through the "Issue Form". To reduce the risk even more, I can blacklist public domains like *@gmail.com.

So the risk that some random person will spam my board isn't that high, or am i wrong ? 

Thanks in advance !

best,

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hello Michael,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

For a customer portal to be open to anyone, there are two settings that need to be changed. One is the option you mentioned, to allow customers to create their own accounts and create requests without logging in and the other one is on the Project settings > Customer permissions > Who can access the portal and send requests to Service Desk? > Anyone.

With that said, if all other projects that you don't want people to use have the permission on Project settings > Customer permissions > Customers my team adds to the project, they won't be able to see the projects, unless an admin manually adds them.

Regarding add some domains in a blacklist, this option is not currently available in Service Desk Cloud. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events