Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customer Limitations on the Cloud Free version?

I am having trouble setting up my service desk project to create new customer accounts for users submitting tickets through the issue collector, widget or portal.

The issue collector works create for creating issues and adding them to the queues, but doesn't show the customer as the reporter, and doesn't link the customer to the ticket to be able to share feedback.

The widget appeared to work great, but even though a customer was able to submit a ticket and get a confirmation message, no ticket was created in the project. I saw a community support ticket mentioning a similar problem that was related to a required field missing a value, but I double checked my required fields and all were included.

When trying to create a ticket as a new customer in the portal, it gave me an error message saying "Current user is not active"

I have all the global configuration settings applied as described in the documentation for allowing customers to create their own accounts, but I can't get it to work!

Are there limitations to the customer functionality in the free cloud version of service desk?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 20, 2021

Hi @Becky Gibson

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Could you please check from User Management >> Jira Service Management (you reach it through the cog on the right upper when being logged in using administrator permissions) what the status reads for the customer that is getting back the "Current user is not active" error?

Could you also please confirm on the settings for Service Management global (https://yoursite.atlassian.net/secure/admin/SDConfiguration.jspa) as well as the project's configuration (https://yoursite.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/YOURPROJECTNAME/settings/customer-permissions)

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Submit your Jira Service Management use case and win!

Hi everyone - in case you haven’t heard, we’re hosting the show of the century on November 10th: High Velocity: ITSM World Tour.     This virtual, concert-themed experience...

299 views 1 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you