Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom portal

Bart Noels May 7, 2021

I'm new to the Jire service management environment.

We've been testing it for serveral weeks now and have purchased a standard plan.

I'm wondering if there is an easy way to extend the functionality of the service desk in order to provide the customer (non licenced) with monthly documents (invoices, order confirmations,..) in a structured way.

I know i can create a request type, and a new issue every month and add an attachement but can this be done easier and in a way that is "prettier" and more structured ?

I would like to create a "table" with a date, a documentno., an attachement and a status.

Can the update of this table be automated ?

We need a standard cloud framework with login / sercurity and a default customer portal for our customers without having to create a web site / cloud / database from scratch.

We are a software company and need a solution to let our customers' clients to log in and see their documents and follow up order statusses.

Thanks you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2021

Hello @Bart Noels,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The customer portal is a place where customers can access it in order to create requests and view the knowledge base.

As per your request, I’m afraid to say that with the built-in features in Jira it will not be possible to automatically create a ticket with the documents. It would be necessary to already have those documents attached to the issue to send to the customer.

Since each customer must have access to their documents, it would be necessary to create the ticket on their behalf and add the files. 

I found some add-ons that may help you. It has the functionality to create templates and schedule tasks:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events