Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom field in filter is not visible to users

Hello, community,

I've created a filter in Jira Cloud and among standard fields, it has one custom field, however, the custom field is not visible to users - only to myself. For viewing permissions, I added a project with all roles.

After a report the field is not visible to users, I edited the filter and re-saved it. Jira said the filter was saved successfully but it's still not visible to users.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

-Steve

2 answers

1 vote

I figured it out. In order for filter viewers to see a field, it's not enough to just add the field to the data source ( via "+More" or "JQL"). One has to expand the "Columns" dropdown right above the grid, select the "Filter" option, and then locate/select the column in order for users to see it in the filter grid.

2022-06-17 11_55_4e.jpg

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jun 08, 2022

Have one of the users see if the can add the field to their Advanced issue search view. I wonder if they can locate and add the field or not.

Thanks for the suggestions, Jack!

I asked one user to test it and will provide the update when I get some feedback. This particular user is part of the Service Desk Team so theoretically should see the field. Also, I'm not aware of a way to set permission on a custom field.

-Steve

I got a confirmation that the user can see and add the custom field to her own report. The field is not visible to users in the shared filter, despite seemingly properly set permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

338 views 3 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you