Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field in filter is not visible to users

Steve Dobrioglo June 8, 2022

Hello, community,

I've created a filter in Jira Cloud and among standard fields, it has one custom field, however, the custom field is not visible to users - only to myself. For viewing permissions, I added a project with all roles.

After a report the field is not visible to users, I edited the filter and re-saved it. Jira said the filter was saved successfully but it's still not visible to users.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

-Steve

2 answers

1 vote
Steve DOBRIOGLO June 17, 2022

I figured it out. In order for filter viewers to see a field, it's not enough to just add the field to the data source ( via "+More" or "JQL"). One has to expand the "Columns" dropdown right above the grid, select the "Filter" option, and then locate/select the column in order for users to see it in the filter grid.

2022-06-17 11_55_4e.jpg

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Have one of the users see if the can add the field to their Advanced issue search view. I wonder if they can locate and add the field or not.

Steve Dobrioglo June 13, 2022

Thanks for the suggestions, Jack!

I asked one user to test it and will provide the update when I get some feedback. This particular user is part of the Service Desk Team so theoretically should see the field. Also, I'm not aware of a way to set permission on a custom field.

-Steve

Steve Dobrioglo June 13, 2022

I got a confirmation that the user can see and add the custom field to her own report. The field is not visible to users in the shared filter, despite seemingly properly set permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events