cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields names for agent

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Hello, i've created some custom fields and reused them in different projects/forms. Moreover, I gave them code names to not get errors while using automation. But now my agents cant understand the content and unable to copy/forward it to other systems. 

I've added a pic to show the same thing from three different perspectives: agent, client and site admin. 

I want to show to my agents real information. 

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 14, 2020

Hi,

Agents see the name of custom field, not the name which is displayed for the customers on the request. You have to change: demo_banking_01 and demo_banking_02 in the custom fields configuration for the correct names.

Cheers,

Kate

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

Thanks for the reply, but if i do that then 2 things happen:
1. I need to create 120 new custom fields, instead of 12 (which I reused in 8 forms). 
2. automation does not work with fields like: 
{{issue.fields.This is a very long and important question I need to ask from you, so be so kind and answer it please!}}

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2020

Hi @Alexey 

I think your only option here would be to rename the fields, that way your agents would be able to read them.  In the field description you can put the code name to assist when you're setting up automation, etc.

Regards, Liam

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2020

How to access that description?
{{issue.xxxxx.MY_CODE?}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders