Custom Field with just information for the User

Thomas Griem August 30, 2022

I need to create a field with text (rich text) and no input options for the portal user, wich contains informations.

I want to put this field in different request forms. 

How can I create such kind of field? Or is there a workaround?

3 answers

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Thomas Griem ,

You can add an announcement banner to your customer portal which will be visible to customers. You can put there some useful information with links. But it'll be one text per portal.

announcement-banner-native-jsm.png

If you want to have different text for request types, I can recommend our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. One of the features included in this app is the possibility to create banners which can be visible in different places on the portal. You can also set conditions when and for whom they should be displayed. You can read a little about it in our documentation but I encourage you to start a trial to check how it works in your use case. Anyway, this app is free up to 10 users.

Best regards,

Kate

Chief Product Officer & Co-founder @Appsvio

0 votes
Thomas Griem August 30, 2022

@Pramodh M 

Hi Pramodh,

thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately this isn`t the answer I was looking for. 

I need the "text filed (read only)" not in the Issue view but in the request form. So the User will get the information while he is creating a ticket.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

@Thomas Griem 

Welcome to the community 

So you need to create Read Only field 

Unfortunately there is no behaviour concept in Cloud

You can have workaround with this approach

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72479

Instead you can add the description for the field you need specify it to the users in the field configuration

Let me know if this helps

Thanks,

Pramodh 

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

@Thomas Griem 

The same goes for the Request form as well!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events