cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field Values

John Winegarden November 12, 2021

Good day-
Can anyone advise on the following:

We use JSM Cloud as a Help Desk with the service requests queue for external users.

We created a custom number field, but want to remove the decimal and restrict to only 10 digits. Can this be done with the off-the-self JSM Cloud - standard product?

Any recommendation on an App from the marketplace to customize fields for the user facing forms as part of JSM cloud?

Thanks!
John

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

@John Winegarden -

Unfortunately, the Number format for field in Jira/JSM cannot be modified.  As of right now, ScriptRunner for Jira's Behavior component is currently not available for CLOUD.  However, I know that vendor is actively working on getting this component for the CLOUD env.

I would recommend that you should reach out to Atlassian Support and submit a feature request.  Maybe there is already an ask for what you want to do from Atlassian in there backlogs.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

John Winegarden November 17, 2021

Thank you! I will submit a feature enhancement.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

I don't think you have that level of configurability for the Number custom field type.

Consider these:

1. ScriptRunner has a concept of behaviours that implement further logic on field validation. I'm not sure if they can do it on Cloud, that's a different beast.
  2. I can't recommend a concrete app, but if there were something that provides regex based validation on any field, it could also help. (I mean you can use the built-in Number type but validate the values using a regular expression before accepting them.)
John Winegarden November 17, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events