Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Create Issue (Atlas CRM)

Joshua Seagraves January 22, 2021

Let me start off by saying, I reached out to Atlas CRM and they told me to contact Atlassian support. Also, I am still currently running the Free version, as I am still testing to see if these products will do what I need them to do. So no support from Atlassian at the moment.

In Atlas CRM, when I go into a company I created, I go to Create Issue and a screen pops up (I will insert a Picture if I can). This screen has info I do not need, and I also need to figure out how to make my own custom fields. I clicked around on everything, and did some research online, but I came back with nothing for the cloud version. I found where the fields are but, I cannot figure out how to create new ones, or figure out if it is the correct settings I need to change as there is way more items on that screen than on my Create issue screen.

Create Issue.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2021

Hello @Joshua Seagraves

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Please, allow me to provide you with some concepts so we can confirm we are on the same page here:

Basically, the required fields to create new issues on Jira Cloud are the Project, Summary and Issue type. Apart from these fields, the fields displayed when creating a new issue will always be the fields added in your create issue screen (Under project settings > Screens).

That being said, you mentioned that the create screen on Atlas CRM does not display fields configured on your create issue screen, so I'm afraid your misconfiguration is related to Atlas CRM itself, not Jira. 

In order to troubleshoot your problem, I suggest the following steps:

1. Navigate to Project settings > Screens and add/remove the fields of your create issue screen as you need. To create new custom fields and add them to your screens, you can follow the steps of the documentation below:
    Create a custom field 
  2. Navigate to Project settings > Issue layout and confirm your fields are properly visible in your project
  3. Once the create issue screen and issue layout is properly configured as you need, check if the fields are properly displayed when creating a new issue directly from Jira Application
  4. Then, try to create a new issue using Atlas CRM and check the differences between both Scenarios:
    When creating the issue from Jira x When creating the issue from Atlas CRM
  5. If there are any differences between then, please ping the support team of Atlas CRM and check with them why those differences are happening

I hope this information helps.

Joshua Seagraves February 9, 2021

Petter,

Due to your response, I was able to find some of the information I needed. Thank you.

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi @Joshua Seagraves ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To be able to create any issue, which will be connected to the company, you need to select Jira project and issue type - based on these values list of fields will change.

If you need to create the project / issue type / change the configuration etc., you will need to be Jira administrator and prepare this configuration in Jira.

So, please navigate back to Jira.

Does your project already exist? If no, create one.

Then go the project settings. There are various things, which can be configured. I recommend you to read these articles to get information, what could be done. 

You will probably need to create some custom fields, change the configuration of screens and field configurations, maybe also add some new issue types...

If something is not clear, please let me know.

Joshua Seagraves February 9, 2021

I created a project, and all of the issue types already. One of the main issues I am having is, I have no clue where Atlas CRM is pulling the information (Shown on the screen shot) from.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Joshua Seagraves ,

I think the provided data are connected to your account and it's permissions. When you are able to see the project in Jira and create issue there, you should be able to select this project here in this form.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events