Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of survey forms?

Victor Tobon May 25, 2022

Good evening community, I want to make a form so that at the end of a request it can be sent via email and the user who reports the incident can respond to this in order to obtain the answers that he puts in it and be able to get KPIs

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hello @Victor Tobon ,

First off I do not have a working example of a full solution as this will require a bit of customization and testing to get right, so I am just offering some suggestions that might help get you on the right track.

I would suggest looking in the marketplace to see if there is a custom survey app that can do this, It will most likely require reaching out to a few vendors as I did a bit of searching through the docs connected to the apps using the following filter but was not seeing any that expressly noted being able to populate a list based on variables in the request.

Alternatively, You might be able to use API or automation to get partial results.  

Looking at API using the API endpoint "GET /rest/api/3/issue/{{issue.Key}}/comment"  you would be able to extract all the comments and then build out a script to regex out any URL from the comment body "Text" value with something like the options described in:

Next using automation I played around with this a bit and if you create a variable with the following smart value syntax, it will give you a comma-separated list of all the comments on the current issue the rule is being triggered on:

{{#issue.comments}}{{body}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}

Additional details on this can be seen in Jira smart values - text fields 

Then using the above variable I am thinking that you could use the variable in combination with a substring and match functions similar to what is described in these threads to isolate the URL's and place them in a custom field:

Once you have the URL's from the issue into a custom field, you should be able to use the values of that field in the context of a question sent from automation to the end user with a reply email being a issue collector

There are a lot of concepts that can be combined here and Additional details on the options mentioned above can be found in:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events