Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multiple Assets of the Same Type

Jordan Cox January 31, 2023

I need to add multiple of the same asset into Jira. When adding a new object, there is a checkbox to "create another". However, when I check that I need to fill in all the fields again. Ideally I would click create another and all the fields would be duplicated from the previous object. Then I would only need to update serial number and asset tag on the new object. 

Is there a setting to auto fill in the fields on a new object based on the previous object's fields you added? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi @Jordan Cox,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The feature you are looking for is Clone. So after you created the first asset, go into it and click on more and you will see Clone.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 1.55.04 PM.png

If you have a lot of these clones that you need to create another option would be to use the import feature. You learn more about it here.

Jordan Cox January 31, 2023

Thanks! I forgot about the clone option... I'll look into the imports too. Based on a previous tool, I thought this might be a feature. 

Like Wesley likes this
1 vote
Wesley January 31, 2023

I think you have two options. Either make an import template and import larger number of objects using Excel.

The other option is to clone an object, klick on the item after it has been created (using the pop-up is easiest) and edit the fields that are different to the previous/source item you created it from.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events