Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created a new WF and it affected the status of other WFs

Rob November 23, 2021

Team...I created a new issue type, Request type and WF in project that has other WFs associated with different issue types...but I see that some the status in other WFs now have  changed to reflect the new WF... effecting automations. My question is how do I fix this...and how can I tell if a status in a new WF will affect others...thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2021

Hi @Rob,

It appears as if you have made the classic mistake every Jira Administrator one day makes and never makes again: accidentally update the name of an existing status while editing an existing workflow.

As your statuses are shared across Jira, updating a status name in a workflow does change that status across your entire Jira instance. And that results in the symptoms you describe.

The way to fix that is restore the status names to what they were before. I would recommend you to list those that you probably changed and fix them centrally in Jira Settings > Issues > Statuses. Obviously, only update those statuses you may have changed and review all potentially impacted workflows.

After that, never change the name of a status again while you are editing a workflow!

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events