Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ticket when email is coming in from Gmail

SMT - Mustafa Demir October 29, 2020

We are working with a customer that's using there own Jira Board. So for issues we must always log in to there environment. I have now add a rule on my mail(on that environment) that when a issue is assigned to me it automatically send it also to my personal gmail account. Now when the mail comes in with the issue it must automatically create a ticket in Jira ServiceDesk. And when there are updates in the issue it must not create a ticket, only the first time it comes in.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Hello @SMT - Mustafa Demir,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the details of your use case.

It's possible to create a rule on your email to forward the notification to the project's email address, but since you have permission on the project, all emails from the other environment that is being forward to your email will create a ticket and it also includes creating a ticket for each interaction, so I'm not sure if it would be a good option.

If it doesn't happen frequently, the best option would be to manually forward the notification to Jira, so you would make sure that only the email you need would create a ticket. 

Regards,
Angélica

SMT - Mustafa Demir November 10, 2020

Thx for you're reply. It helped.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders