Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ticket from e-mail when doesn't have a customer account on

a.nitu May 10, 2021

Hi,

In the "Service Project access" for my Jira Service Management Project I have configured

"Choose who can send requests to "project" via support@company.com or the portalCustomers added by agents and admins.

I need to know what happens when a customer which doesn't have an account sends an e-mail request to create a ticket? Will the customer be notified he doesn't have an account and should first request for an account creation? 

or, is there any way the customer or myself are notified so that we take the right action?

thanks,

alexandre

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hey @a.nitu 

If the setting is Customers added by agents and admins. then it does not get through.

If it's anyone on the web, that's when they receive an email to create an account.

This is the best article I can find to support that.

If customers have to be manually added to your project, make sure your team creates new customer accounts for them or their requests won't be processed.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-the-customer-permission-settings-for-email-requests/

IMO it would be nice to have a bounce or undeliverable message, but that may also be by design for security reasons.

Cheers

Ash

a.nitu May 11, 2021

Hi Ash,

thank you for your answer, it's clear.

We'll give the right instructions to our teams and customers,

much appreciated,

alexandre

Ash Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

You're welcome @a.nitu!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events