Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create new ticket after 60 days as a result of closing another ticket

Hi,

I am looking at an automated process where a new ticket is created after a period of 60 days once an initial ticket is closed.

We have an automated process where one of our systems emails JSD and a ticket is auto created. The Subject is "Always the same subject" and we action the ticket and close. I want to create a new ticket 60 days after the initial ticket is closed so my Helpdesk can perform further tasks. I would like for the new ticket to have a different Subject and in the description, a link or reference to the initial one. Both tickets are in the same project and accessed by the same agents.

image.png

I had a look in JSD Automation but I must admit, could not work it out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

3 votes
Fabian Lim Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

Hi @Theo Tzanis

Create a new sla that starts counting once the ticket goes into closed status. Then you use jira automation to create a new ticket when the slave is breached and link them together.

You can use this video tutorial as a reference: https://youtu.be/xxd0BxkZl5c

Instead of sending an email, you would create a new ticket.

I hope this helps.

Hi Fabian, Thank you for the prompt reply, i followed your recommendation and watched the video and now I get notifications from all tickets that close.

Under SLA's I used "Time to close after resolution" and added a SLA for 5 mins and JQL with me as the reporter and Summary "xx  xx  xx" and placed it above the default and the 24h we have to so tickets get closed after they are resolved, 

I also created Automation, using the "SLA threshold breach" and instead of creating a new ticket, I used the Email option to send emails to myself and if this works, I can change to Create Issue,

What happens now is I get emails for all closed tickets, and not the ones I explicitly added in the JQL.  Tickets that are created by myself and have Summary ~ "xxxxxxx" as shown in attached image, PS: I created new tickets as myself and used the same Summary as in the JQL and  closed the tickets, 

image.png

Thank you for your help,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

245 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you