Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple support teams(assignment groups) in Jira Service Management

Amol Fadnis November 30, 2022

This is what I want to achieve:

- Create a support group which will include team members in that group. 

- Be able to create & assign Requests and INC to group.

- Assigned group members be able to pick up unassigned tickets. 

- Get performance metrics for that group. 

- Auto queue/view creation for people assigned to that group so that they know their groups unassigned/assigned. 

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Amol Fadnis , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

yes, you can achieve this my making a custom field with a group picker

However, you cannot set the group as Assignee. The Assignee is either Unassigned or a member of that Group.

You can also automate which request types should be transferred to which group.

Amol Fadnis December 1, 2022

I did create a custom group, but its a cascading list. After your suggestion, I created another one as "Group Picker".

I am ok if we cannot assign it to the group, but I have to populate the values in it manually and not picking it off any "list of groups". If that makes sense. Or if I did it wrong. 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

There is indeed a difference between those 2 fields.

You can use either.

With a select list single choice, you can choose from a pre-defined list of names of support teams. Those support teams can create dashboards showing only unresolved issues that match the value of their team in this select list.

When using a group picker field, you need to start typing the name of the group to show corresponding results. It will always list ALL groups in your Jira instance, which may turn out to be a hassle. The benefit of using a group picker is that you can notify the members of the group whenever a ticket is transferred to them.

Like Kishor Mudhili likes this
Amol Fadnis December 1, 2022

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you @Dave Mathijs 

But I got to know that there is no group association with project. I can see hundreds of groups on the picker which doesn't serve the purpose. Disappointed as this seemed basic to me. Anyways, upvoted the idea for filter on groups. 

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2022

Thanks to accept the answer if it helped you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events