Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create comment with spend time in one step

Christian Birkenbeul September 12, 2023

Hello,

I want to create a predefined text with a predefined time for time tracking. This should make it possible to record certain activities with the fewest steps and to store an average time.

Is this possible without any extensions or with downstream automations?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2023

Hi, @Christian Birkenbeul 

Welcome to Atlassian Community

How do you wan to store it, Aa text string?

You can make Automation rule, which will trigger on transition, calculate time between issue created time and current, and put it to comment, or to custom field, for example.

Maybe some unclear wording. I try to explain it with a small example:

We have a task, lets say to reset an internal application. The Doing is always the same and the needed time also. 

So i like to create some kind of textblock with the usual doing and add some time tracking. But without doing it in multiple steps just in a single one. 
The predefined textblocks are available with the "predefined anwsers" as a newer feature. But unfortuately without time tracking.

Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2023

Well, if I understood requirements right, you can use Automation rules, which will trigger on issue creation, and depending, for example from Component/Issue type/Label..., it can add different texts with time periods. 

No. I guess still not my right wording. 

That process should not be fix. The asignee should choose by him/her self. 

The function with the "canned responses" are the right way where i can have predefined text blocks. Now i just need some predefined time for the time tracking addionally. 

I dont want to do this afterwords with automation, because i have to care about two things all the time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events