Create an automation for email channel

avi.sheleg May 3, 2021

Hi,

I have a new JIRA ServiceDesk project and I have two teams that should receive the tickets based on the email address it was sent to (for example: ticket1@example.com goes to one group, ticket2@example.com goes to another group).

Thank you,

Avi

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi Avi,

Jira service management works with a single email channel. So I’m unsure how you have or plan to achieve allowing it to function with two separate email channels. Can you explain this a bit to me. 

avi.sheleg May 3, 2021

as far as I read, it can be enabled using an alias that would route to the email collector and then by using an automation it can route it to a channel.

are you familiar with that?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

I have never seen that be successful. Please share where you read about this being successful. Success of that aside, for automation to work you’re gonna need to be able to access the email address. So you gonna need to figure out where that address can be found. When you’re working with the single email address that Jira service management uses you can check using JQL if the request came in through the email channel. 

avi.sheleg May 3, 2021

nevertheless, I understand this is something that might work, can you share information on how to customize it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Without understanding the solution for the incoming email address it’s hard for me to come up with a automation solution. However I can say that if you can access the email through some custom field or otherwise then you can certainly use the JQL query condition Automation to allow you to sign the issue to the proper person

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events