Create an SLA for unassigned issues

nibauramos-enso December 1, 2021

Hello,

I am trying to create an SLA for issues that do not have an assignee. What we want is:

• An issue arrives (email or created directly in JIRA)
  • It stays in a dashboard where we see all open issues that are wayting for someone to pick them up;
  • The SLA should start, and end whenever someone assignes the issue to someone;

The SLA is created as follows:

• "Starts counting time when": "Issue created"
  • "Finish counting time when": "Assignee: From Unassigned"

This works great most of the time, however when we create an issue through JIRA interface, sometimes we set the assignee during creation, and when that happens the SLA starts counting and never stops, because de "Assignee: From Unassigned" never happens.

Does anyone know how can I avoid this problem?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @nibauramos-enso 

One way to do it is to not allow tickets to be assigned when created by removing the assignee field in the create screen. Not the most elegant way but it keeps both the e-mail and Jira interface side consistent.

-Ben

nibauramos-enso December 1, 2021

Thank you for your reply, I actually don't force that, but the team is instructed to never assigne people on creation of issue, but sometimes mistakes happen. I might limit like you are saying it will help.

Like Benjamin likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events