Create a queue based on text in ticket

Greg Bassett March 18, 2021

I would like to start creating queues based on text in the ticket description.  For example if a ticket comes in with "create a Zoom account", I would like it to appear in the Zoom queue as a separate team covers zoom issues.

If this isn't the right way to approach such an issue, I'd like to hear constructive suggestions on how to route tickets to the right teams in ITSM

2 answers

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Greg Bassett

If you need a JQL request and don't know how to combine it, you can consider Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer addon. It is developed by my SaaSJet team to simplify database queries. So you can choose the options you need using a visual composer. Here is a sample: 

2021-03-23_15-48-48.png

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

@Greg Bassett - hi Greg!

While it's possible to do what you're asking, I wouldn't recommend it (especially if someone were to misspell Zoom or something).

Generally-speaking, I'd implement a custom field (of the select list type) called "Service" and have "Zoom" be a select list option.

You can then configure a service desk queue called "Zoom requests" (or whatever) and have it show tickets where "Service" = "Zoom".

Hope this helps!

Greg Bassett March 19, 2021

Thanks Dave - right now we are simply asking staff to send any IT support issues to an email address, and triaging them as they come in, which is why we were looking for some text mapping. 

We are planning to move to portal intake for specific services soon, and will definitely implement what you suggest at that time.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Ah, gotcha!

For now, make that queue using the JQL

text ~ "Zoom" OR text ~ "create a Zoom account"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS