Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Epic Links in JSM

Marius Larsen July 7, 2021

Hi.

In Jira, we use Epic Links on tasks mainly for billing purposes. We have just started using JSM and are creating support projects for the clients we have.. but I can’t find anywhere to create Epic Links in the JSM project. I know that I can set Epic Links in JSM from other projects in Jira, but we want to do anything through JSM.

Does anyone have a solution/workaround on this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

HI @Marius Larsen 

You will need to add Epic issue type in your JSM project 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-type/

Add "Epic Name" field in the screens related, as its mandatory. 

It will permit to add other default issue types as in Jira Software Projects. 

I hope this helps you!

Marius Larsen July 8, 2021

Thanks, @Patricia Francezi !! But when we choose the epic link on an issue the title of the epic doesn’t show, only "CODE-1".. Do you know how to fix this? 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Using a JSM project I was able to follow the steps Patricia listed (thanks a lot for the input, Patricia!) - however, in JSM I could without hassle insert an existing Epic Link (link to DEV-81 in my instance actually).

grafik.png

Is the user trying to link to the Epic in the destination projects having Browse Permissions and (if I recall correctly) also have Edit permissions to the Epic in question (here it would be DEV-81)?

Could you please probably also share a screenshot?

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

I guess that is not enough adding the epic name field. May be inserting Epic Link field as @Daniel Ebers did, would solve your problem @Marius Larsen

The epic name field is mandatory when creating a epic, but the search for a existent one can be done by Epic Link field.

Try this. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events