Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create Custom JQL Report for Request Types

Edited

I am looking for a JQL Report that will include the Request Type of the ticket and the technician that closed them. When i go to use the Request Type dropdown now it makes me go from Basic Reporting over to Advanced JQL which i am unfamiliar with how it works. If someone can either show me what this report would like in the JQL Format i should be able to start creating other reports as well. 

Thanks for assisting!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JQL does not say anything about the output from your searches, all it does is find issues from a question you ask.

The best way to learn JQL is to play with it.  At it's core, the question is "show me a list of issues that match these things:" and those things start off simple - 

• Project = XYZ
  • Issuetype = task
  • Status = Open

Pretty basic fields.  The trick for getting started though - define a basic query that works, and swap to advanced - Jira will give you the JQL for your query as a nice working example!

For the Request Type though, it's not a field the basic search can handle.  But in advanced, it is as simple as "Request type = doc-update"

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

Hi @James Paluski and welcome to the community!

Here's a great resource for JQL:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

As for your specific question, start with this and Jira's type ahead will help fill in the rest:

"Request Type" =

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

162 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you