Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Custom JQL Report for Request Types

James Paluski June 6, 2022

I am looking for a JQL Report that will include the Request Type of the ticket and the technician that closed them. When i go to use the Request Type dropdown now it makes me go from Basic Reporting over to Advanced JQL which i am unfamiliar with how it works. If someone can either show me what this report would like in the JQL Format i should be able to start creating other reports as well. 

Thanks for assisting!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JQL does not say anything about the output from your searches, all it does is find issues from a question you ask.

The best way to learn JQL is to play with it.  At it's core, the question is "show me a list of issues that match these things:" and those things start off simple - 

• Project = XYZ
  • Issuetype = task
  • Status = Open

Pretty basic fields.  The trick for getting started though - define a basic query that works, and swap to advanced - Jira will give you the JQL for your query as a nice working example!

For the Request Type though, it's not a field the basic search can handle.  But in advanced, it is as simple as "Request type = doc-update"

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @James Paluski and welcome to the community!

Here's a great resource for JQL:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-the-most-flexible-way-to-search-jira-14

As for your specific question, start with this and Jira's type ahead will help fill in the rest:

"Request Type" =

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events