Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Which Service Desk Agents can see which tickets

Sol November 26, 2021

Scenario: Service desk with 3 agents (IT, Office Manager & HR). The Portal has 3 Portal groups setup to match the agents, with relevant request types inside each. The HR requests are confidential and ideally cannot be seen by the other 2 agents unless granted access. I have also setup a Issue security level and added the HR user, but cannot see how to apply this to specific requests that come in. 

I have searched for this specific situation but cannot find a definitive answer. If there is either something I'm doing wrong or a better work around for ticket privileges in this content I would love to know. 

Many thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

Hi @Sol and welcome to the Community!

The most plausible solution would be to create a separate JSM project for at least your HR tickets. Creating a separate project lets you control access to the agents at project level instead of through issue security, which will save you a lot of headaches. All you have to do then is to grant access to that project to only the HR group and not the other ones.

From the portal side, JSM has a portal home page that provides your customers a central place to create tickets in any project they can access. They will not experience any downsides from the fact that you set up multiple service desk projects.

Hope this helps!

Sol November 30, 2021

Thanks for the reply! So just to confirm, it's simply not possible or just so much config involved that is the proposed solution? Many thanks :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events