Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence KB articles not showing in Service desk tickets

Hey all,

We just launched Jira Service desk and Confluence.  We wanted to be able to have "public" KB articles that our customers can search for in the customer portal but also have "private" KB articles for the agents to use when working on a ticket

If I set the privacy to just the service desk users, they do not appear in the ticket or if you try to search for them from a ticket

If I set the tickets to public then they do appear in the tickets but they also appear in the customer portal.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 15, 2021

@Heather Reid 

How is your instance setup?  Does Confluence use Jira as its user directory?

If it is setup this way then you would just add the group that manages your service desk agent access and add it to have access to confluence.  Then add it to have access to the space.  You can then use it on the page that you want to keep private by only giving that group access to the page.

I thought it was setup that way, and I did add the group that manages the agents but it's still not appearing.

As I did not set it up, is there a way from me to check how it was configured?

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Apr 16, 2021

@Heather Reid First check the confluence cloud space permissions to ensure that the group has access to the space. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

After confirming it has access you can then check the page and make sure the group has access to it by checking the page restrictions. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html#Permissionsandrestrictions-page

If all of that is setup correctly make sure that the group has access to Confluence by checking the global permissions.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

1,116 views 32 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you