Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence/JSM connection

Anne Marie Sharp August 22, 2022

I recently set up a JSM page and then wanted to link to to our companies Confluence site.  However, it appears when I went in to the App Link, it created a whole new Confluence site and I cannot delete it or use the previously existing company site. 

the new Confluence page has "support" in front of the URL vice the primary company site. 

When I try to connect the existing site, it says I already did. 

I have tried adding a space to our existing site and I went to the Confluence page to ensure the backward link was complete too, but the JSM will only take me to this new space and not let me use the existing one - what am I doing wrong and how do I get rid of the other page?

Why do I have two Confluence pages now? and how can I set up the correct one and delete and disconnect the other account. 

Does this have to do with the level of the accounts - I think the JSM portal is free as we are just testing it and the Confluence spaces are part of a paid for plan.

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hello @Anne Marie Sharp 

I am guessing your on free cloud version for both JSM and Confluence by what your stating. 

If you are on cloud you shouldn't have to use the app link as it should automatically connect this for you if you open the first Confluence site under you company Jira site. 

When you add a new product this can be done a few ways. My favorite way is to add this from the admin console> under product tab> add product. If you do this from central location in admin it binds to the current site yourcompany.atlassian.net

To remove a Confluence site you will have to unsubscribe to that specific site. 
If you look at your Confluence tab from the 9 blocks in the upper left corner of the site you will see Confluence has a drop down. You will want to note the name of the new site you don't want to use and go to back to admin console>billing> managed subscription 

There you should be able to unsubscribe to that new site so you don't have more than 1 confluence site on your Atlassian tenant. 

I hope this helps, and if it does please let us know it answered your question.

Anne Marie Sharp December 8, 2022

Hi Aaron,

I did work this out with support from some folks over there - the pages were created and acting as two separate sites.  We closed the one and attached it to the main site.  Unfortunately, I had to start from scratch because we could not move the newly created site over.

I assumed someone closed the ticket but thanks for following up.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

No problem. Glad it worked out. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events