Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Gadged "create vs resolved"

Joerg Aschberger July 25, 2024

Hi,

the gadged “create vs resolved” is basically the evaluation I need. However, it should not be the creation date, instead it should be a status transition. Any ideas?

Thank you Joerg

5 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2024

Hi @Joerg Aschberger welcome to the Atlassian Community!

While created and resolved dates are easily available for reporting, status transition dates are not.

You might get there by creating an SLA where the metric starts the moment an issue enters a particular status and and stops the moment the issue is resolved (i.e. a resolution is set).

The timers of the SLA give you an indication of the cycle time.

Hi, @Dave Mathijs ,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, SLAs do not help me at this point. Can I create a chart showing me the count of tickets for which the transition was executed per day?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2024

I'm afraid the out-of-the-box reports won't meet your requirements. There are third-party apps available on the Marketplace that would though.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danut M _StonikByte_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2024

Hi @Joerg Aschberger,

Indeed, that Jira gadget is not based on status transition. You could try also Jira's Cumulative Flow Diagram report.

You could also search for an add-on on Atlassian Marketplace. For example, our Great Gadgets app has a Cumulative Flow Diagram gadget that can be helpful. When configured to display its bands by status, it actually generates the chart by status transitions. It can be also configured by status categories or board columns.

image.png

Done represents "resolved" and Total is "reported", so you can use it as a "Created vs Resolved" chart.

Danut. 

0 votes
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2024

Hi @Joerg Aschberger 👋

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

And if an app from the Atlassian Marketplace is an option for you, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, Time In Status. To get creation date date report on dashboard, just simply:

1. Choose the Status Entrance Date Report
  2. Filter issues by created and apply date and time ranges 
  3. Enjoy your dashboard view (table or chart) 🥳

Знімок екрана 2024-07-25 о 20.10.55.png

I hope you find this helpful 🚀

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
July 25, 2024

Hi @Joerg Aschberger

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira doesn't have a built-in solution for status transition dates. If you prefer using a marketplace app, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

To get a report of status transition dates, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report. Entry date(see In Development, Ready for Testing, In Testing, In Development columns.) is status transition date and status count(see #In Development, #Ready for Testing, #In Testing, #In Development columns) is how many times an issue is entered to this status.

App Features:

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, resolution time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

If you are looking for a completely  free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

If you have any questions, feel free to schedule a demo with us.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
July 25, 2024

Hello @Joerg Aschberger ,

Welcome to the community!

The required data is available in each issue's history but you will need to use a marketplace app to get ready-to-go reports. Good news that report is available in our application where you can directly learn the transition dates without having to deal with Jira issue histories. The app is Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) , the oldest and leading Time in Status app in Atlassian Marketplace, which is built by my team at OBSS. It is available for both Jira Cloud, and Data Center. 

You can use the date-based reports to see the transition dates from/to a status. In the screenshot below you can see the transition dates of the issues to each status. I think this report will be spot on for your needs.

Report Types FT to Status Date.png

Visit Timepiece (formerly Time in Status) to explore and enjoy a 30-day free trial to experience the full range of features.

If you wish, you can also schedule a live demo. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the application and address any inquiries you may have.

Hope it helps,

Gizem

THX

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events