I'm trying to find an answer to how properly configure access to Knowledge Base on Confluence via JIRA Service Management Portal.
Based on the article https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/ I have a feeling that it is possible but still I have difficulties with configuration.
My scenario is the following
1. Both instances (JIRA & Confluence) are hosted on my servers so Server version.
2. Confluence has no Anonymus access, it is switched off on a global level, which means we would like to give access to the Confluence only to licenced users (direct access to Confluence).
3. There should be access to Knowledge Base on mentioned above Confluence via JIRA Service Management Portal.
Is it possible at all?
If yes what should be the configuration on JIRA & Confluence side?
I guess the following:
- it looks like Restricted (on the JIRA side): All logged-in users of your service project can view the articles in this space, without a Confluence license.
- what access rights on Confluence? (no Anonymus access on a global level is obligatory for my configuration)
To achieve this you would need to allow global anonymous access, when you are accessing through JSM it's the same as accessing confluence directly.
Here is a great step-by-step how to achieve this if you decide to do so, it says Confluence Cloud but it applies to server and data center platforms also.
For detail step by step check
From Atlassian documentation.
Hi, @Olga Videc
thanks for your feedback, but are you really sure about that?
To be honest, if it works in such a way I do not understand from the business point of view the purpose of Restricted permission from the article mentioned by me.
It is restricted from JSM but available without limitations directly from Confluence, very strange.
I would like to allow access to KB via JSM to everyone who has an account on JSM, but KB shouldn't be available for anonymous users directly in confluence (for logged in is ok but not for anonymous).
expected flow: logged-in user to JSM but without confluence licence -> JSM -> knowledge base from the confluence
not allowed: anonymous user-> knowledge base directly from the confluence
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events