Compare Email from Issue Description Smart value to customer list in JIRA SM Cloud

Krishna Prasad November 16, 2021

Hi All,

I receive a notification email from a live chat service for IT Support which creates an Issue in JIRA SM as expected.

The body of Email ( Issue Description) contains a Email address of User/ Client who initiated the chat. I have managed to pull it out using Smart Value automation. I now need to change the reporter to that new email. This works fine as I add the project customer, re-fetch issue values and change reporter through field automation. 

The problem I face is when the reporter is an existing user/ customer. The add to project customer fails as expected, but when i check after removing the add to customer and update reporter directly with that email, it says "Please add a valid Reporter".

This is where I'm stuck. I need to compare the Email (Smart Value) to customer list and if available, be able to update the Reporter of Issue with that value.

Is it possible in JIRA at all?

Please advise.

Regards,

Krishna

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

I don’t know of any solution for validating an email against he current customer list. I would suggest looking at the APIs for a possible solution.

Krishna Prasad November 18, 2021

Thanks for your response. The comparing was between a custom field and the customer list of JIRA project. Not sure if that is any different?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events