Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Common user in two organisations

Venkatesh I'm New Here May 04, 2022

I have a common user in two organizations , in one organizations user is managed with Atlassian access and  with SSO authorizations , where as  in another organization he is not managed and there is no Atlassian subscription. 

With this scenario user is impacted to access products of second organization where he is not managed and with no Atlassian subscriptions.

How to enable the user to access both the organizations  products.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Venkatesh 

As far as I know, the user will have a managed account - regardless of what other products/instances they have access to.

Once you activate SSO - that is the method the account logs in with. This will stop the user accessing other instances without SSO/Access, as the user has no control over their login details for the second instance (which doesn't recognise the SSO).

Your options are...

• Bring the second instance under the same Organization, so it can utilise Atlassian Access/SSO
  • Get the user to create a second, unmanaged Atlassian Account for use beyond the managed instance

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

218 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you