Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment did not add

Julia Rogmann September 18, 2020

If i create a new Ticket with extern Email Adress it will work.

I will get a message from Jira that the ticket is create. If i answer on a email from jira, the comment will not add.

Any idea? I have checked all general settings and all EMail Settings of the Project.

2 answers

0 votes

Screenshot 2020-09-18 130409.jpgScreenshot 2020-09-18 130547.jpg

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

What role are you in? If you are a customer it should work without additional configuration. If you are in another role please check project settings > permissions > add comments.

The user has no role, because it´s an external User, no service agent or service desk customer. For example if i choose my private email adress it will not work, if i choose my company email adress it works.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

Can you share the config shown at project settings > customer permissions? Also, share the results from project settings > email requests, click on ellipses and select manage allow lists.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

So let me ask where you have configured your JSD mail channel? If you did so under the Jira admin > System > incoming mail that is wrong. You must use the JSD email handler - project settings > email requests. Can you verify this?

Where can i find JSD email hanlder?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

Where I specified above...

project settings > email requests

JSD provides a unique email for every project or you can use your own custom one. Every JSD project must have a unique email channel.

I understand, but i don´t want allow Email requests. 

But it would be perfect, that a external user can answer to an Email from JSD and this answer would be a comment in the Ticket

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2020

The only solution for that is to use the JSD service desk email channel or investigate an email handler addon like Email this issue.

Ok thank you for the help!! Very helpful!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events