Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine two E-Maildomains to one Organisation

Paula Plevnik September 20, 2021

Dear Community,

we are working with one organisation, that is there internally using two different e-mail-domains but belonging to the same organisation.

Is there any possibility (eg with an automation rule) to automatically put all customers (no mater what domain they are using) in one organisation?

To better understand an example: xy@company1a.com is raising an request, automatically the organisation company1a is created. yz@company1b.com is raising an other request, company1b is created, although these two belong together. We would wish to get a company1, where all customers using ..@company1a and ..@company1b are combined! Is there any possibility here to solve this problem?

Thank you for your support!
Paula

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hello @Paula Plevnik,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

If I understood correctly, there is only one organization on the project and all customers should be added to this org, please, correct me if I’m wrong.

If that’s the case, it’s possible to use the existing “Set organization using reporter's email domain” rule to do that.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 18.41.58.png

The automation checks the following requirements before creating or adding a customer to an organization when a ticket is created:

1. If the reporter already exists on the project and belongs to an organization, the ticket will only be shared with the org.
  2. If the reporter doesn’t belong to an organization, but there is already a customer with the exact same email domain on an org, the reporter will be added to the existing org.
  3. If the reporter doesn’t belong to an organization and there are no other customers with the same email domain on an organization, then a new one will be created based on the email domain and the reporter will be added to this new org.

With this said, in order to add customers from both domains on an org, you need to manually add at least one customer from each domain on the desired org, and then for the new customers that create tickets, the automation will add them to this one org, since there are already existing customers from their domain there.

Please, take your time to test and let us know if you have any other questions regarding this matter.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Paula Plevnik September 23, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz

I do have the automation activated exactly like you´ve shown it above. In the organization, I also do have people using both mail domains but still, if there is one person creating a new issue not in the organization yet, it still creates a new organization and does not add the person to the existing one.

Is there any other option I could try to make that work?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Paula

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

Hello @Paula Plevnik,

I apologize for sharing all those details and in the end, it wasn’t helpful.

I saw that you raised a ticket with our support and they mentioned that isn’t possible and you ended up using two organizations, but the good news is that there is a workaround.

This is a more complex automation rule, but we tested it here and confirmed that it works.

Here are the screenshots with all the details:

When: Issue created

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 17.37.07.png

Here you can add the domain and it’s not necessary to add .com, .net, .org or anything else:

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 17.37.18.png

Then, edit the organizations and select the one you want all customers to be added:

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 17.39.17.png

In order for it to work, it’s necessary to send a web request using API.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 17.41.53.png

To generate that API Token, you need to encode the credentials with base64.

$ echo -n "email@domain.com:api-token" | base64

For more detailed information, please check the article below:

In case someone outside of those two domains creates a request, then a new org will be created.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 17.42.41.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Angélica

Paula Plevnik September 28, 2021

Dear Angélica,

thank you for the suggestion, we will test that tomorrow! Thank you for that effort and your support! :D

Best regards,
Paula

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders