Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborators permissions

Marco Mangiante December 30, 2021

Hello,

I red this page What users and roles are there in Jira Service Management? | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support and then this How can service project and software teams work together? | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support but I'm new to JSM, so I don't know how to setup a group of collaborators (I understood people that has Jira license so I don't have to add JSM licenses) and to assign permissions for them in the project.

I create a group jira-servicedesk-collaborators, then on my project, in Permissions, give the group the Browse Project and Add Comments permissions (like suggested in this article Editing and collaborating on issues | Jira Service Management Data Center and Server 4.21 | Atlassian Documentation) but I don't know how and what type of permissions to give.

In the second article cited I read:

Request participants

Users with this permission can:

• View requests in the portal.

• Add public comments in the portal.

• Add attachments in the portal.

• Transition the request through its workflow in the portal.

View permission on Jira Service Management projects

• View issues in service projects.

• VIew linked service project information in Jira Software projects.

Comment permission on Jira Service Management projects

• Add internal comments on service project issues

but what are the permissions related to associate?

Please let me a suggestion or an article to read.

1 comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Marco Mangiante ,

I hope I understood it right but the collaborator permission doesn't really exist to give to someone.

When a user has a Jira Software license but also has access to a Jira Service Management project, they internally become recognized as a collaborator.

You could add that group that you created to all the permissions, the system would still block them from doing certain things as they don't have a license for that feature thus making them a collaborator

Like Howard Nedd likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events