Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud SLA - Issues to Display (in JQL)

Lynette May 18, 2021

Good Day,

Please advise me when creating an SLA, it automatically puts the Issues to Display(In JQL) to All remaining issues

But it seems that not all request types are included into this JQL, how do i change this or review what it includes

the problem is that the 4hr response is not calculating on all issues

Jira SLA - Issues to Display.png

3 answers

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Lynette and welcome!

That is strange, when you save it like that it should calculate on all issues within the project.

Keep in mind that when you save the SLA it does take a few minutes (depending on how many issues you have it could be quite a few) before it will show up on all the issues you are view.

The SLA needs to re-index the issues in the backend and do all the calculations (breached or not, counting down..)

For the SLA you show in your screenshot I don't see any reason why it wouldn't show up on all issues/issue types

0 votes
Lynette May 18, 2021

As an example, this ticket was Created April 20, 2021, 7:35 AM

the 1st Response occurred on April 20, 2021, 8:38 AM - customer reply

the reporter on the issue is assigned to a user, but the Time to first response is not calculatingJira Example.JPG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

@Lynette ,

well time to first response is there on the screen so it is triggering for that issue. It also has the goal for 4h. So that part of the goal (the JQL of "all remaining issues") works fine.

I assume you want it to stop counting when something happens? That would be in our conditions (pause/stop) which I cannot see in the screenshot  of your SLA definition

How do you define your first response? (a comment? a status change?)

So if you could post that we could take a look there.

Lynette May 18, 2021

It Starts when an issue is created, and should stop when you reply to the customer

Jira Example 2.JPG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Hi @Lynette ,

This is actually very similar like an issue I adviced on some time ago.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/SLA-timer-rules-question/qaq-p/1651123

The Comment: For customers seems to have a bug in it/limitation on how it works

Especially: 

SLA 'Comment for: Customers' not working when an agent is considered as 'client' (e.i. he/she is a reporter and/or request participant and/or member of that organization).

I would suggest (like that issue mentions) to use a state transition to something like "waiting for Customer" to trigger this.

Or if it is to acknowledge the ticket to just trigger it on assignment/work in progress 

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

@Lynette As Dirk says, the SLA might take a couple of seconds to trigger - they won't show up right in front of your eyes, so try refreshing the page. With your configuration, the SLA should be triggered for all created tasks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events