Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Issue editable

Deleted user November 29, 2022

Hello,

I have a weird problem. We have 2 types of issues, Incident and Problem, and the Incident can be edited after it's status is Closed and the Problem cannot be edited after it's status is Closed (note that they were created before I came to be an admin). I looked up and I know about the jira.issue.editable, and I manage to make the Problem editable. Whoever the Incident does not have this property created. My question is how Incident type issue does not have the jira.issue.editable property and still can be modified? There are other properties or there is something that I don't know regarding workflows?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

Do both issue types have the same status Closed in the "green" 'Done' category?

Are both issue types within the same project?

I suppose your question is about Jira Service Management, not Jira Software, correct?

Deleted user December 1, 2022

Hello @Dave Mathijs

Yes that is correct, both are in the Closed in the "green" Done category and the both issue types are in the same project. And yes to the final question. :) 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Maybe I'm confused, but without a property, an issue can be modified in a 'Done' status category. Only when you want to restrict modification, you need to add a workflow property.

Deleted user December 2, 2022

So the default behaviour is that the user can modify a closed issue? 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

Yes indeed, since the Edit Issues (and other permissions) are determined in the permission scheme and are independent of status.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events