Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Issue - Customer Notifications

Sam August 17, 2020

Hi All,

I've just experienced a concern whereby a request has come into the ServiceDesk and was closed by an Agent in a very quick timeframe.

The customer ended up receiving a "issue created" notification email and the agent's "resolution" response was appended to this email instead of the final "closed" ticket notification.

From a customer perspective, I see how this is confusing.. 

Using next-gen servicedesk

1 answer

0 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Hello Sam,

It is because by default Jira now use the batch email notification system.

So when an update is put on a ticket, the email wont go out straightaway. It will wait to see if there are any other updates and send them all out in one email.

This was to reduce the amount of email spam users were receiving.

If the ticket was closed after say 10 minutes of the last update the customer would have received a separate email.

This batch method can be disabled: 

1. Go to Administration > System > Batching email notifications 
  2. Select Disabled, and click Save. These settings will be applied to all users.

I think you can also change the length of time it waits before sending out the email from these settings as well.

Phil

Sam August 19, 2020

Hi Phil,

Definitely understand the theory - and I was aware of the batching notifications.

However, I can't see the "batching email notifications" setting you're referring to..

I also stand by my comment that the response should not be added to the initial "issue created" notification - the response should have been added on the closed notification - this is the last email the customer had received, this is where they'd expect to see the response.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events