cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close ticket after 3 'Business Days' with no customer comment

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Hi there,

I have an automation that runs daily and leverages this JQL  "status = "Waiting for customer" and updated < -3d"

What I would like though is to only check on business days and not include weekend days.

Not sure how to build a calendar check in with this one or should I be putting a specific customer SLA in place to close off the ticket if they breach 3 days and use the calendar that way if possible?

ta

2 answers

2 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 25, 2022

Hi, @Ste404 

I would recommend you to try an SLA plugin which will make this action fast and easy. For example, in SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on you can set up this process via SLA Manager by just creating a new SLA Configuration, where you need to:

• Choose your work schedule or create a new calendar to make sure the SLA timer will count only business days (during your working hours):
    calendars.png
  • Define time measurement conditions. In your case, the start condition will be "Waiting for customer" status and "Closed" status as the stop condition.
  • Set a time goal. If you want it to be 3 business days with 8-hour work days, then it's supposed to be 3x8 = 24h.
    And choose the "Change the status to" action, then select the "Closed" status.
    close the ticket.png

That's it! If you follow the steps from above, you'll achieve your goal and your ticket will be closed after 3 'Business Days' with no customer comment. 

And you need more information or help with setting it up, just let me know. Will be glad to help you figure it out. 

P.S. You can install SLA Time and Report for Jira and try it, and my SaaSJet team can conduct a free demo call for you. 

Regards, 
Olha

2 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Ste404 

SLA will definitely solve your issue.

• Create an SLA (ex; Time to response from customer) and use calendar 5/8 (only weekdays).
  • Configure SLA to count only in Waiting for Customer status and give target - 3 days
  • Go to automation and use SLA threshold breached trigger. Then transition issue.
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

This is the way to go, there is no need for additional plugins

Like Tansu Akdeniz likes this
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

Thanks for the input, I think I am on the right track here - how does this look?

(18h was just my testing)

Capture.JPG

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

That's fine. It seems you give 2 working days as a target (2x9).

Now you can configure similar automation:

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-26 08.18.18.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events