Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning Description & Attachment failing

Deleted user January 31, 2023

Hello all,

I'm trying to clone the summary, description, & attachment from an issue automatically. The summary works fine, however description & attachment fail.

I get the following error.

0.png

I've tried with the following setups

02.png

01.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi Timothy,

Make sure that both fields are on the Create screen for the project you are cloning to. 

Also, you might want to consider the Deep Clone app from the Atlassian Marketplace. 

Deleted user February 2, 2023

That worked!

Thank you John, the issue was because the 'description' and 'attachment' fields weren't fields on the report. I've added them (but hidden them) and it works! 

Deleted user February 2, 2023

That worked!

Thank you John, the issue was because the 'description' and 'attachment' fields weren't fields on the report. I've added them (but hidden them) and it works! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Great! Glad it is working for you. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2023

@[deleted] -

Have to check your target issue type screen setup include the Description and Attachment fields?  This will be the first thing I check based on the audit message that you provided.

Can you also provide the triggering event information of your automation rule?

Once we obtained more information from you, we can assist you better.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS