Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Chat integration for slack

Do we have to pay to use the chat integration in jira service management ? 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-chat/

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 30, 2022

Hello @roy haouzi 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

You need the Atlassian Assist app, but that is free.

You may incur cost for using Slack, depending on how many people you enable to use it.

You do not incur additional cost in your Atlassian products from implementing this.

Hey @Trudy Claspill thank you for your answer, so I'm asking this because I did followed the docs https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-chat/ to install the Assist app on our Slack, everything went fine, but when i'm trying to create a ticket from Slack I have a message saying that I can't because our HALP trial is expired, so I was wondering if we do need HALP to be able to create Jira service tickets from Slack, since HALP is not free. Thanks

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Jan 02, 2023

Did you follow the steps in Set up chat in Slack?

And then to create a request did you follow the steps in Create issues in Slack?

At exactly what step do you get the message about HALP and what exactly is the message?

Halp is an entirely separate Atlassian product for managing help request. If you installed it for trial, it may be hijacking your attempts to connect to Jira, and you may need to uninstall Halp.

I did followed exactly Set up chat in Slack, and i didn't had any issue, until i tried to create a ticket at exactly this step : 

From a request channel

When someone posts a message in a request channel, you can turn it into an issue by following these steps:

1. React to the message with a ticket emoji

When i react with the ticket emoji i get a reply from the Assist bot :

Your Halp trial is over. We have notified your Halp Admin

Halp is not installed in our Slack org or in our Jira org, and i'm stuck here.

thank you for your help

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Jan 03, 2023

I may have provided incorrect guidance to you. I don't have experience integrating Jira Cloud Service Management and Slack. I am simply reviewing documentation available online.

In the Set up chat in Slack at the top of the page is a link to a video tutorial for executing the setup. I just watched that video and at the beginning heard the present say that conversational ticket for JSM is "powered by Halp".

While the documentation talks about installing the Atlassian Assistant, I have found another community post response  that seems to indicate Halp and Atlassian Assistant are the same thing. If that is true, then I believe you do have to pay for the Halp product to have ticket creation integration between Jira JSM and Slack.

Test-response

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events