Changing ticket stuff with out clients' notifications

Alexey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Is there a way to edit / change tickets as an admin w/o letting customer know?

For example: i've created a new Workflow and need to migrate all existing tickets with statuses "pending" and "waiting for answer" to "under investigation" and later on set a resolution to all of them.

Or another example, client or agent made a typo, and before escalating issue to dev team i want to edit it, but not bother client with notification.

I know that with Advanced issue search i can pinpoint them and then move to certain status and trigger 'post-function' to set resolution and while doing all that, i can 'un-tick' checkbox for email notification for that bulk action. (hopefully client wont get updates with hundred emails)

Any other way to update fields / statuses / issue views without bothering customer with emails?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Hello Alexey,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Testing on my local site, I can confirm that, if the option "Send mail for this update" is not marked, customers won't receive updates about that change. That option works for both customer and agent notifications.

You can also disable the "Customer-visible status changed" and "Request resolved" on Customer notifications if you want to make sure no notifications will be sent. 

Or another example, client or agent made a typo, and before escalating issue to dev team i want to edit it, but not bother client with notification.

Depending on what you will edit, the customer won't receive a notification, for example, a custom field value. 

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

TBH I’m not sure if changes resulting from workflow will notify users at all as I don’t thing the general event is fired which would drive the notifications. With that said, to be safe you can simply temporarily change the notifications for customers disabling all notifications just before changing the workflow and the reenabling once done.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events