• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changing the default language to a Next-gen Jira service desk

I have 2 languages set in my next gen Jira service desk. English and Spanish. All translations are up to date.

I want to change the default language, but I can't find any way to do it. Is this feature available or coming in near future

1 answer

@Marcos Detry Oxenford Can you provide some screen shots of what you are referring to? Next-Gen doesn't current have Service Desk Projects. Are you referring to a regular Service Desk Project (Portal - What the customer sees)? If so, please see below.

1. Go to Project Settings
  2. Portal Settings
  3. Customize Help Center

Customize Help Center.jpg      4. Select Default Language

Default Language.jpg

5. Save

***Please note that this is only available for the "Portal". To change default language elsewhere, you would have to change it for the instance as a whole.

Let em know if this was any help.

I am using Next gen Service Desk.

In the language settings inside the service desk project i can see the 2 languajes but can't change the default language.

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 16.45.49@2x.png

An in the portal settings, I can also see the default language but can't change the default language.

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 16.43.26@2x.png

I could not find any place where I can change the default language.

Thanks

If I change the "Select a language to customiza translations" to Spanish and press the save button. Nothing happens. Everything remains the same

Are you an Administrator? So on the Portal, the language box does not have a drop down? So you cannot click on the drop down arrow and change the option?

Answer1.jpg

Let me know please.

When you say everything remains the same, does that mean that you went to the "external portal" and checked there?

Remember these changes you are making are on the "back end".

Yes, it remains the same

You can see in this video how I change and save and nothing happens: https://cln.sh/WF4QpZ

Thanks for the video. It looks like a project permission thing. Double check your permissions within the project. Even though you are an Administrator, you may not have the necessary access in that project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

157 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you