Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the default language to a Next-gen Jira service desk

Marcos Detry Oxenford July 26, 2020

I have 2 languages set in my next gen Jira service desk. English and Spanish. All translations are up to date.

I want to change the default language, but I can't find any way to do it. Is this feature available or coming in near future

1 answer

0 votes
Darlene Ashleigh Jeter July 27, 2020

@Marcos Detry Oxenford Can you provide some screen shots of what you are referring to? Next-Gen doesn't current have Service Desk Projects. Are you referring to a regular Service Desk Project (Portal - What the customer sees)? If so, please see below.

1. Go to Project Settings
  2. Portal Settings
  3. Customize Help Center

Customize Help Center.jpg      4. Select Default Language

Default Language.jpg

5. Save

***Please note that this is only available for the "Portal". To change default language elsewhere, you would have to change it for the instance as a whole.

Let em know if this was any help.

Marcos Detry Oxenford July 28, 2020

I am using Next gen Service Desk.

In the language settings inside the service desk project i can see the 2 languajes but can't change the default language.

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 16.45.49@2x.png

An in the portal settings, I can also see the default language but can't change the default language.

CleanShot 2020-07-28 at 16.43.26@2x.png

I could not find any place where I can change the default language.

Thanks

If I change the "Select a language to customiza translations" to Spanish and press the save button. Nothing happens. Everything remains the same

Darlene Ashleigh Jeter July 28, 2020

Are you an Administrator? So on the Portal, the language box does not have a drop down? So you cannot click on the drop down arrow and change the option?

Answer1.jpg

Let me know please.

When you say everything remains the same, does that mean that you went to the "external portal" and checked there?

Remember these changes you are making are on the "back end".

Yes, it remains the same

You can see in this video how I change and save and nothing happens: https://cln.sh/WF4QpZ

Thanks for the video. It looks like a project permission thing. Double check your permissions within the project. Even though you are an Administrator, you may not have the necessary access in that project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events