Changing the Ticket Category

Chris Machnicki November 24, 2020

Hi,

I've recently plugged in PagerDuty and want to be able to pass through incidents to Jira Service Desk. I have managed to get the integration working but incidents are raising under the "Queues" menu rather than " Incidents".

When I go into the incidents I and edit the queue it says this "This queue is already filtered by:project = "IncidentTest" AND "Ticket category" = "Incidents""

My question is how can I change this so that incidents which are raised this way fall into the Incident Ticket Category. I'd prefer not have to set up an automation rule given we don't have that many executions.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

I know I'm raising the dead by answering this ticket, but I just read up on Ticket Categories and thought I'd share in case anybody else is wondering.

I think the problem is that PagerDuty only allows you to create a Jira Issue, not a Request.

And Ticket Categories like Incident only apply to Requests. :-/

And if you thought like me, "Well fine - maybe I can create Automation that if a ticket is created by PagerDuty, we just change the Request Type to one that falls under Incidents..."

Nope:

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.21.36 AM.png

But luckily, it can be done with Legacy Automation.

Kelly Nezwek December 9, 2021

This helped me!  Thank you so much!  I was here looking for help on assigning PagerDuty tickets to the Incidents "Ticket Category" too.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events