Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing issue layout in Customer Portal View in Jira Service desk

Vishwanath Yemula October 11, 2020

Hi team,

Can I change the issue layout in the customers view. Currently all the fields that a customer fills in while creating a request are by default hidden in one section.

Is there a way where i can add fields like severity and priority and any other fields that customer fills in while creating a request to the right side of the issue screen where the Status, Request Type and Shared with fields are ?

I can configure and change the fields in Agent view but is there a way to change the layout of the fields in the Customer portal?

Also how can I not hide the issue details for the customer by default?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

As noted by others, out of the box you can't change the layout of the fields displayed on the JSD portal and at present the default behaviour is to hide the details of any fields included in the original JSD form.

I'm part of the team that makes ProForma forms for Jira. We designed the product to make the portal more flexible and able to support more complex process requirements. With regards to your questions, with ProForma you can:

• Design a form to display the fields/information your customer need via the request portal.
  • Link any form field to a Jira field, so that when the form is updated the linked Jira field is also changed (i.e. priority field).
  • When a request is submitted the form will automatically show on the portal when viewing that request (it won't be hidden by default).
  • Another big win is that an agent can reopen a form, allowing customers to update the original request themselves. This is something that be done out of the box with JSD.

If you just need a few forms for JSD you can use the free version ProForma Lite. Below is a quick example of one our support request forms immediately after the request has been created.

I hope this information helps.

Solution Partner Support - ProForma Support - Service Desk 2020-10-16 at 2.48.27 pm.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

Hi,

This is not possible out-of-the-box, you need an addon like the one we created - Advanced Portal Reports - where you can add custom fields to the request view, also show the customer report with any field in the tickets, sortable and exportable. 

Cheers,

Boyan

Vishwanath Yemula October 14, 2020

Hi @Boyan Angelov 

Thank you, I had a look at the app in market place but have the below queries - 

Does the advanced reports functionality allow customers to export the data to excel or other formats?

When you say add Custom fields, is there any limit of how many fields can be added? And do they need to be available on the request form to the customer while issue creation?

Please advise.

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2020

Hi, 

• Yes, the addon allows customers to export the reports to Excel or CSV
  • You can add up to 5 custom fields on the request view page on the portal. On the report page you can add as many as you need. The fields do not need to be available on the create request form. 

Cheers, 

Boyan

Vishwanath Yemula October 21, 2020

Hi @Boyan Angelov ,

I was trying to test the add-on and noticed that when I export the tickets to Excel, the hyperlinks are not exported for the ticket reference.

Is this something not implemented in the current version of add-on or is it something that cannot be exported?

Please advise.

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2020

Hello,

I am not sure what is the problem specifically, in general the Linked issues column is exported. I suggest that you raise a ticket in our support system (you can do it from the Marketplace page of the up, the lower right corner "Contact us" button), there we can discuss it and not spam here.

Best regards,

Boyan 

0 votes
Nutrafol October 12, 2020

Thnaks ,
I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution about nested import <a href="https://www.pupilpath.us/">Pupil Path</a>

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2020

Hi @Vishwanath Yemula , welcome to the community. Unfortunately you cannot configure the portal in this way.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

It is worth updating here that this issue - JSDCLOUD-4580 is actually seeing some traction from Atlassian development. We shall see what comes of this activity in time.

Like Vishwanath Yemula likes this
Vishwanath Yemula October 16, 2020

@Jack Brickey I am not able to add this comment to the Suggestion you mentioned above, Is the Suggestion still active or is it just a permission issue that I cant add anything to it?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events