cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change time to resolution SLA

Eduard Diez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi community.

I need to change the time to resolution in the issues that the state is reopen.

When a issue is reopen for the client in the service desk the time to resolution must be 0 and not the old time plus the new.

Whith Script rumner I can do this?

Thank's

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Why would you use Scriptrunner for that?

What you seem to want is a Multi-Cylce SLA, meaning an SLA that restarts completely.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/example-creating-an-sla-with-multiple-cycles-939926419.html

And an article that could explain it a bit more (with or without an addon)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/SLA-time-with-Multi-%D0%A1ycle-and-First-Cycle-options/ba-p/1427757

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

interesting. I didn't even know they had added that. Guess I haven't created an SLA in awhile. ;-)

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Well the documentation is for server so I'm hoping that SLA is just SLA at this point :)

You don't have to set up anything special for it, the way I see it, if you STOP the timer and restart it it should go in to multi cycle mode.

If you however Pause it on Resolved and it continues/start's again on re-open I would think it add's the extra time to it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

not sure. i need to test this out. I was perusing the last article and it seems to reference SLA Time and Report addon for multi-cycle. My past experience (currently configured SLAs) always pickup the timer where it ended, i.e. doesn't reset to the SLA goal. But TBH I need to go play w/ it to see as it has been a long time since I really poured myself into the SLA behavior and cloud changes frequently.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

The way I interpret is (and that could be horribly wrong):

• If you pause a counter, the time is added to the goal/countdown paused
  • if you stop a counter and start again, you reset the goal

The article I mentioned does include an app but I only included it cause I liked how it visually represented the multi cycle part :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

you are correct! I just tested and in fact the SLA does "start over" on reopening.

Start: Issue created, resolution cleared

Pause: Waiting for customer

Stop: resolution set

I clear the resolution on the reopen transition

TBH, I have no idea why I thought it picked up where it left off. Either I'm just off base or maybe it did that at one time. Regardless glad to have this cleared up.

So now, @Eduard Diez  i'm confused as to what you are seeing and why.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

I somehow feel that this is a bad implementation of the default SLA's when you create a JSM project but let's leave that up for discussion :)

@Eduard Diez if you have it set up like @Jack Brickey  mentions here it should reset to 0 (well it will give you your entire goal again instead of adding time)

Eduard Diez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

The article is interesting but the application is paid, 

So I read the article and I try. Thank's

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

@Eduard Diez 

Perhaps I shouldn't have added that link. You dont need the app to do this.

if you just create an SLA with a Stop condition on the Resolution:SET and a START condition when you re-open it it will give you the full goal again and reset the count.

No apps needed. I just included that link to the article with the app as it explains the multi-cycle SLA concept visually :)

Eduardo Diez January 19, 2021

Thank's

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Have you considered implementing a new SLA "Reopen TTR". In other words leave the original TTR 'closed' and start the Reopen TTR on reopen transition. this would necessitate adding a "Reopened" status.

Eduard Diez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2021

I must talk whith the client but is a really interesting idea.

Thank's

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events