Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the "Resolution" field to "Resolved"

Wanina Sanches Pires February 22, 2021

Hi, could you help me. How do I change the "Resolution" field to "Resolved" for an already open / closed demand, but the field has not been updated ..

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

So if the issue is Closed then very likely you cannot edit and change so you have two options:

1. reopen the issue and set the resolution on the way to Closed (see below)
  2. create a 'reentrant' transition from closed to closed and on that transition add a Post Function to set the Resolution to "Resolved"

There are two ways to deal with Resolution:

1. via a Post Function into the done category status(es) and choose the value you want, e.g. Done, Resolved, etc
  2. via a screen on the transition into a done category status(es). This allows you to elect the resolution when transitioning. Most of the time I go this route except for the most simply projects.
  3. In either case be sure to clear the Resolution via a Post Function on any 'reopen' transition.
0 votes
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

@Wanina Sanches Pires 

Greetings!

You could either use a post function or use a custom automation for jira rule for setting the value of the resolution field

More documentation - https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events